Monday, May 3, 2010

All aboard... almost!

             Getting ready to leave for France is really exciting, yet stressful. I am finishing my finals for the Spring 2010 semester.  Making a packing list for Paris so far I have:
·      Umbrella
·      Currency
·      Coach Pouch slang (so things do not get stolen)
·      Converter
·      Splitter
·      Sheets?
·      Do I need pots and pans? (we have a stove but do we have things to cook with?)
·      Oh yea and maybe some clothes!
            Making a list of items to bring with me has made me realize that I am not prepared for this trip at all. I moved up my final for Friday to Monday so I could allow myself extra packing time. I am sure I will forget something, its inevitable. I am really excited to leave. My family is leaving to go to New York before I leave for Paris so we will not get to see them before I depart. But I have promised them many Skype conversations and they can read my blog, when they miss me.
            I am starting to get lots of advise from everyone. My sisters told me to get up really early one morning and go watch the sunrise against the Eiffel tower, another spot to stop is a fondue place near the really big church in France (I hope I can find it).
            Overall I have a ton of things I am looking forward to doing in Paris. It has come so fast. Getting through finals week this year doesn’t sound quite as bad, because at the end I get to go to Paris, France. It is a reward for a hard semester of work, for more schoolwork. I am sure it will all be worth the amazing experience I am about to embark on.
XOXO until next time, Chelsea Smith 

1 comment:

  1. Were gonna miss you but when you come home Ill be a senior! Yes! Have fun and bring me home some cool shoes or sunglasses... Or whatever, maybe another Ed Hardy shirt. I might get you something in NYC but I dont know yet because I wont see you until you get home! Update your blog every day. When I'm in NY Ill tell Katie to look at your blog.

    ReplyDelete